Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back to roots!!

Recently went to chennai,a place which some years back I hated to go.But as saying goes life takes a full circle,it seems same for me.Dates back to my childhood when in every summer holidays i would along with my mom go to my grandmom's house.The excitement of going in train,sitting next to window(that was very important),wearing the prettiest frocks for travelling and getting lot of scolds from mom for that and ofcourse the delicious mangoes all part of memories of going to chennai.Playing with my cousins the stupidest games in the world,getting scared when a street vendor screaming for old bottles and the sweet smell of jasmine.The love and care of my grandmom who is no more with the kindness she would serve all of us food,make delicious sweets and savouries and my grandfather scolding for getting ourselves dirty in mud and the era of songs of illayraja in the background allpart of my memories of chennai. Circa 2008 things are very different but what hasnt changed is the thin but prominent desire to come back to roots,to come back to this place which in no sense heaven with lot of things, issues fitting to my desires but still a place i would love to go now with no reasons in mind but just an indepth desire.

2 comments:

Aravind Ganesan said...

This is the best post of all. It speaks abt things everybody craves for. I especially liked the part about the "being frightened from the street vendor's screaming' part. the fact that you remember these things is fantastic.

lalita said...

thanks dude,thanks a lot for ur appreciation.thats a huge encouragement to me.